Bachelors of Commerce, Punjab University
Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Entertainment & Media
- Industrial and
Mr Kandhari is the Managing Director and Founder of Sapphire Professional Services Private Limited. Prior to this, he was Executive Director, Corporate Finance & Investment Banking and Leader for the Entertainment and Media Practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers, India. With more than two decades of experience in investment banking, corporate tax, domestic tax and business advisory services, Timmy started Sapphire Professional Services Private Limited after an early retirement. In entire career span, Mr Kandhari has worked with many multi-national clients from India as well as the United States.
Timmy has advised large domestic and multinational clients in their proposed expansion plans, strategic alliances and joint ventures. Mr Kandhari is also a familiar speaker in several leading entertainment and media events and is a member of the CII National Media and Entertainment Committee. In the past, he has contributed substantially to establishing PwC India’s thought-leadership positioning in this space. He has also played an instrumental role in developing key relationships with nearly all marquee clientele in the E&M and Hospitality & leisure industries in India.
Key Clients worked with include:
|Entertainment & Media
Some of the key transactions lead advised by him are as follows:
- Lead advised Huhtamaki and Paper Products for their majority acquisition of Webtech Labels.
- Lead advised Moolchand Healthcare in raising private equity funding of USD 20 million.
- Lead advisor to Mahindra Group for buying a European automotive gear manufacturer—USD 100 million.
- Lead advisor to Bacardi for their acquisition of 51% stake in Whitehall brand.
- Lead advised LIC asset management in divestment of a minority stake to Nomura Group—USD 70 million.